During the night the ship left Arles and sailed to Avignon, arriving around 8 am.
The City Hall was built in the nineteenth century but the clock tower dates from 1471.
Palace of the Popes. The clock tower of the City Hall can be seen in the distance.
Petit Palais, which was the palace of the archbishops of Avignon. It is now a museum.
Rocher des Doms which is the hill and gardens near the cathedral.
Saint Benezet's Bridge in 1177 and took eight years to build. The bridge originally consisted of 22 arches. It has been rebuilt on a number of occasions. In the seventeen hundreds floods swept swept sections of the bridge and it was not repaired. However the remaining four arches have become a symbol of Avignon.