Friday, October 12, 2018

Over 70s National Championships - Sunshine Coast - Mooloolaba (2)

On the Sunday morning - another rest day - I got up early and went for a walk along the beach towards Point Cartwright.
As I walked along the beach I noticed a surprise visitor - a P&O cruise ship was anchored off shore.
Apparently the decision was made not to land passengers as the sea was too rough! So it stayed for a while and then sailed off.
Two groups of life savers launched their boats for a practice session.
I was not the only person going for an early morning walk.
The tide was going out leaving jelly fish, seaweed and shells along the beach.
I then wandered beside the Mooloolah River for a time.
Boats moored in the river.
Looking towards the marina.
Back on the beach it was Mooloolaba's turn for a junior surf carnival.
Fundraising for the Mooloolaba Nippers - sausage sizzle for breakfast.
Back at the apartment - view of the activity on the beach.
Monday morning, before cricket, I went for a walk near the marina around the corner from the apartment.
While there I met a local going for a stroll.
On the Tuesday morning I woke early and took photos of the sunrise from the balcony of our apartment.
There are many views in Mooloolaba.

Little known history of Point Cartwright - Sunshine Coast Daily 20 August 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment