Saturday, January 20, 2024

Exploring Bunbury 4

Sunday 26 November 

A quiet day. After breakfast I went for a walk along the foreshore in the opposite direction to last time. 

The surf club was holding activities on the beach. 
I also located the remains of the seawater baths which existed until the Second World War. 
There were lots of flies so I used my fly net on my hat which helped to protect me a little. 
We drove to Eaton, a suburb seven kilometres from Bunbury and had a hot drink at San Churro at Eaton Fair Shopping Centre. From another shop we purchased salad wraps to eat for lunch back at the hotel. 
In the afternoon I went for a walk along Victoria Street to take a photo of the war memorial.While I was taking the photo from a round-about in the road, a motorist kindly stopped so I had a clear view. We then exchanged smiles and waves as she drove off.
The next stop was the Bunbury Regional Art Gallery housed in the former Convent of Mercy built in 1885. The art gallery has operated in the centre since 1987.
There was an exhibition of paintings by Rhona Wallam,
 Alternative Archive – artworks from regional Western Australia,

ceramic artworks by Stewart Scrambler,
and a photographic exhibition of lunch bars in different parts of Western Australia.

The gallery was an excellent place to visit.

For dinner we shared the second cheese and chicken with salad wrap that we had purchased for lunch. 

Bunbury weather –partly cloudy, minimum temperature 17.5 maximum temperature 33.9.

No comments:

Post a Comment